“We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.”
-Applicants must see the interior of the property before an application will be processed.
-We recommend you do not submit an application if any of the following applies to your or any additional applicants in your household: including, but not limited to: Evictions, Debt to Previous Landlord, Credit Score Below 500, Undischarged Bankruptcy, Unsatisfactory Rental Reference, Unacceptable Pet Breed.
-We use a third-party pet policy service, ALL Applicants must create a No Pet or a Pet/Animal profile. Applicants should go to this link: https://ostopm.petscreening.com
-Each property is different and not all allow pets. There may be restrictions on the number of pets and/or the size of the pet. Please see the property listing to determine if the home you are interested in allows pets and what the restrictions are.
-No pets (with the exception of medically necessary animals for the benefit of the occupant(s) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord and an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet rent or additional security deposit. A separate pet application must be submitted with shot records and a picture of the pet(s) before approval. Landlord may require liability insurance.
-A non-refundable pet fee in the amount of $300 per pet is required plus a monthly pet rent (Does not apply to medically necessary animals)
-Monthly pet rent ranges from $15 - $35 per month and is determined upon receipt and review of pet application and approval
-Unacceptable dog breeds include, but are not limited to: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bullmastiff, Chow Chow, Dalmatian, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Husky, Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Siberian Husky, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Tibetan Mastiff, Wolf Dog Mix or any mix of these breeds.
-Applications will be processed on a “first come, first served basis” with time and date denoted on the application to act as receipt. If more than one application is submitted, before approval can be achieved, the highest rated approved application would be selected. Incomplete applications will not be processed or considered.
-You will be required to provide a copy of a valid form of identification.
-A valid social security number is required of each applicant. For applicants without a social security number, proof of permit stay in the US with a visa is required as well as additional security deposit and/or advanced rent.
-You must be prepared to provide 3 years of residential history as well as contact information for your rental references.
-The applicant's combined household gross income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount. Proof of income must be submitted. We require 2 months of pay stubs. Self-employed applicants will be required to produce the most recent tax return and 3 months of bank statements. Other acceptable proof of income: Social Security statement, 6 month payment history of court ordered Child Support and/or alimony, IRA statement, Pension. Reemployment assistance is not considered income.
-Processing a rental application generally takes between 2-3 business days. Some of our properties require approval from a homeowner's or condo association and may require additional processing time and may require an additional processing fee. If such is the case, you must also apply separately to such homeowners or condominium association and remit whatever other application fee may be required.
-Each resident over the age of 18 and/or Co-Signers must submit a separate rental application and pay the required fees.
-Once you have been notified of your approval, you must place a good faith deposit equal to at least one months rent, within 24 hours of your approval notification.
-All initial move in funds and first month's rent must in the form of Money Order or Cashier's Check. NO CASH ACCEPTED
-Osto Property Management utilizes electronic documents and signatures.
-No rental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks, unless approved by Osto Property Management.
-A one time non-refundable tenant administration fee of $150 per household is due upon approval.
1. All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A Non refundable application fee will be required for all adult applicants. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant.
3. Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
4. Self employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
5. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
6. Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies for crimes within the past 7 years involving violence against persons, damage or destruction of property, manufacture or distribution of controlled substances and no sexual offenses ever.
7. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
8. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
9. A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged at to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying etc may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re keying etc that exceed this non refundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
10. Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one months rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
11. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
12. We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
13. Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
14. Our company policy is to report all non compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.
This sample has been provided by the LAW OFFICES OF HEIST, WEISSE & WOLK, P.A.
1 800 253 8428. Due to the changing nature of the law, we advise that you have your final form reviewed by an attorney before its use.